- 3/4 Cup Whipping Cream (I used 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (I used half a bag)
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 4 Eggs
- Chocolate Frosting (I just used my own recipe)
In a small saucepan, heat whipping cream until really hot, but not boiling. Take off heat and immediately add chocolate chips. Stir until smooth. Refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until thick.
In large bowl, beat cake mix, pudding, water, oil and eggs. Place batter in cupcake papers, about 1/3 full. Spoon 1 Tbsp. cold chocolate mixture on top of batter. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes, then frost. Serve warm. (I have been microwaving mine for about 6 seconds to get them warm again.) YUM!