Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Love this bread

I had a day last week where I decided to bake bread and make strawberry freezer jam. I felt like such a 'Suzie Homemaker."
I found this recipe on 'allrecipes.com' and decided to try it out. It's super easy and it tastes really good. I add whole wheat flour and reduced the sugar the second time I made it, it wasn't nearly as good as the stated recipe!

The freezer jam turned out yummy too (just followed the pectin instructions.) I'm still aspiring to be a pro-baker baking department. I'm not there yet so I'm glad I can learn from all of you!
Amish White Bread
recipe image
Rated: rating
Submitted By: Peg
Photo By: chestnut
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Ready In: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
Servings: 24
"This recipe will give you two loaves of plain, sweet white bread that are quick and easy to make."
Ingredients:
2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45
degrees C)
2/3 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
6 cups bread flour
Directions:
1.In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam.
2.Mix salt and oil into the yeast. Mix in flour one cup at a time. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
3.Punch dough down. Knead for a few minutes, and divide in half. Shape into loaves, and place into two well oiled 9x5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
4.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.

-Ashlee

No comments:

Post a Comment