Wednesday, November 10, 2010

White Pizza

I got this recipe from Ina Garten, but I adapted it to my own. For instance, I didn't use her pizza crust, I used my own. And instead of Arugula, I used Collard Greens because that's what I had on hand. You could also use a spring mix or whatever. The full recipe is at the bottom. Here are the steps:

First, make the garlic oil. Ina says not to burn the garlic, but I think I did. It still tasted good.

Next, get out your cheeses. I used Fontina, Goat Cheese, and Mozzarella.


I shredded the Mozzarella, grated the Fontina, and just crumbled the Goat Cheese.

After you mix the dough, shape it into individual size pizzas, like my kids and I did. Or you can just make one big pizza. My kids loved making their own. Here are theirs. After you shape the dough, brush some garlic oil on top, then sprinkle with salt.

Next, sprinkle with Fontina, Mozzarella, then Goat Cheese. Drizzle a little more oil on top.

While the pizza is baking, make the lemon vinaigrette and pour over chopped greens.

I didn't put the greens on top of the kids pizzas, because I didn't think they would like it. I was nervous if they'd like the pizzas at all!

But here is PROOF that they loved them. They gobbled them right up. (By the way, I don't usually let my kids eat in front of the TV, but Josh was working late, so we decided to have a picnic.)

Here is my pizza. I just put the greens on half, because I didn't know if I would like it, but I did and I ended up putting them on the whole thing.
This pizza is pretty rich and filling, but it was really good! I couldn't get enough!
ENJOY!


Pizza Crust:
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 1/2 Tbsp. yeast
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
Half of 1/3 cup oil (I don't know how much that is)
3 1/2 cups flour
Mix dough and knead well. No need to rise. Use as soon as you mix.
Garlic Oil:
1/2 cup EVOO
4 cloves garlic
5 sprigs thyme
red pepper flakes
Place all ingredients in saucepan and on low heat, simmer for 10 minutes.
Pizza:
8 oz. grated Fontina
8 oz. shredded Mozzarella
11 oz. creamy Goat Cheese
Salad:
8 oz. chopped salad greens
1/2 cup EVOO
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper
Mix dough, and shape into pizzas. Brush with garlic oil, salt, then top with cheeses. Top with a little more oil. Bake at 475 for 10-15 minutes. Then top with salad.

1 comment: